|"Catch of the Day"|
|Total Episode Count||191|
|Written By||Jeffrey Richman|
|Directed By||Fred Savage|
|Air Date||October 11, 2017|
| ← Previous|
"The Long Goodbye"
| Next →|
"Sex, Lies & Kickball"
Phil's convinced he is going to have a day of bad luck after failing to successfully complete his daily superstition. However, Claire is eager to make it to a concert and has no time for his silly notion. Meanwhile, Mitch is certain that Cam is undermining him during their kitchen renovation, and Jay is determined to get Gloria to admit she was in a car accident.
(The characters striked out do not appear in this episode)
- Jay Pritchett
- Gloria Pritchett
- Manny Delgado
- Joe Pritchett
- Claire Dunphy
- Phil Dunphy
- Haley Dunphy
- Mitchell Pritchett
- Cameron Tucker
- Lily Tucker-Pritchett
- It's mentioned that Haley was Ferberized. Cam and Mitchell's attempts to Ferberize Lily featured in the Season 1 episode "Up All Night".
- Claire mentions Ferberizing Haley as a baby.
- Phil and Claire have tickets for Steely Dan, noting that they are "not young men." This line had added poignancy after Walter Becker died on 3 September 2017, just a few weeks before the episode aired.
- Bridget Jones' Baby and Love Actually are mentioned.
- Jay turns around and says that there's just one more thing - a reference to Columbo.
- Pam refers to an ATM as a "Banksy."
- Haley reads To Kill A Mockingbird.
|Phil to Claire: Oh, hey, I was putting away that 'harmless' laundry when I stepped on Luke's skateboard, rolled out the screenless window and landed in the hedge|
|Claire: It's self-fulfilling, Phil believes something bad is gonna happen, so he makes it happen.|
- The A.V. Club gave it a "B": "None of these storylines is particularly inventive, and as the episode rolls on they go increasingly off the rails. With that said, many of the smaller moments hot the mark, and it’s enough to make “Catch Of The Day” fitfully rewarding.", giving particular praise to Haley's storyline.