Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Javier is implied to be very adventurous and have had many connections to important people because of his travels. Gloria says that because he is Colombian, he can be very persuasive ("Up All Night"). Gloria says that Javier is passionate and romantic, traits which Manny inherited.
Jay complains that people think Javier is cool and exciting but he only sees a "dad who doesn't show up". In speaking of his responsibilities, Javier states that "life is an adventure" and that he lives "in the now", which annoys Jay who was constantly the one who comforts Manny when his father flakes out.
Jay finds Javier pretentious and irresponsible because of his wild nature. In "Up All Night", they became close but Javier ended up letting Jay down.
Javier was formerly married to Gloria before the show began. Their marriage to somehow seemed to be an imploding one as Gloria commented that all they did was "fight and make love". Gloria is also very appalled by Javier's actions, especially since he took Manny to a stripper club when he wax six.
Javier has quite a good relationship with his son Manny. Manny looks up to him and they are shown to enjoy each other's company.
- In "Lifetime Supply", Cameron has a crush on Javier.
- According to Ed O'Neil, the role of Javier was going to be played by Alfred Molina. Benjamin Bratt, who actually plays Javier, is of Peruvian descent.
- "Pilot" (mentioned only)
- "The Bicycle Thief" (mentioned only)
- "The Incident" (mentioned only)
- "Coal Digger (mentioned only)
- "Up All Night"
- "Fears" (mentioned only)
- "Starry Night" (mentioned only)
- "Caught in the Act" (mentioned only)
- "Suddenly, Last Summer" (mentioned only)