|"Spread Your Wings"|
|Total Episode Count||154|
|Written By||Vanessa McCarthy & Ryan Walls|
|Directed By||James Bagdonas|
|Air Date||January 13, 2016|
| ← Previous|
| Next →|
"Clean for a Day"
Sick of having the ducklings around the house, Claire and the kids seize an opportunity to help expedite the ducks leaving the nest while Phil is off visiting Alex at college. Meanwhile, Jay helps Mitch with Lily’s sleepover with her friends from her Vietnamese dance troupe; and Gloria and Cam are off on a hot pepper heist carefully orchestrated by Manny in order to meet a big hot sauce delivery deadline.
(The characters striked out do not appear in this episode)
- Jay Pritchett
- Gloria Pritchett
- Manny Delgado
- Claire Dunphy
- Phil Dunphy
- Haley Dunphy
- Alex Dunphy
- Luke Dunphy
- Mitchell Pritchett
- Cameron Tucker
- Lily Tucker-Pritchett
- Janet Song as Mrs. Tran
- Michele Panu as Sarah
- Victoria Oscar as Tourist
- Asia Jackson as Prom Dress Student
- Christopher Avila as Student
- Spencer Ward as Nerdy Kid
- This is the tenth episode of the season, but the eleventh one was broadcast earlier than this one.
- Joe does not appear in this episode.
- Phil is the third Dunphy family member to have visited Alex in college after Haley in The Day Alex Left for College and Clean Out Your Junk Drawer and Luke in The Closet Case. Manny also visited her in the latter episode, but he is a Delgado.
- Phil also went to college with Haley in Go Bullfrogs!, with Haley and Claire in Arrested and Schooled, (the former featuring Mitch as well) and the whole Dunphy family went to Caltech in Do Not Push.
- Jay and Mitch also had to "take care" of Lilly in Spring Break and she also practiced dance in Baby on Board. This is the fourth episode in which Lilly plays a sport after Games People Play and The Day Alex Left for College.
- Gloria and Cam started to sell hot sauce in The More You Ignore Me.
- Sarah previously appeared on episode The More You Ignore Me. Could it be Sarah Fink, the girl who Luke did'nt like in Integrity ?
The title "Spread Your Wings" is a saying meaning to use your abilities for the first time in your life to do new and exciting things. In this case, Claire, Haley and Luke want the ducks gone but after Claire realises why Phil is so attached to them. But in the end Claire, Haley, Luke and Phil are all on their roof and they realease the ducks so they can spread their wings.
- Phil mentioned that he and his father rode a tandem bike across Mykonos one summer and "there were a lot of fathers and sons there"
- DeDe sends over a Jane Fonda tape.
- Jay mentions Bob Hope