Phil has a new client who happens to be “his type,” and knowing that might get him in trouble with Claire, he tells some seemingly innocent lies, which then lead to more, and soon enough he’s in a full spiral. Meanwhile, Gloria suspects her yoga instructor has the hots for her and asks Claire to come with her to class, but the instructor ends up giving Claire a lot of inappropriate attention, and she likes it. Now that Jay is retired, he is filling up his time making a web show but becomes obsessed with tracking down a hateful troll who is leaving horrible comments. And Mitchell and Cameron try to teach a skittish Lily how to ride a bike by leading by example, but easier said than done.
(The characters striked out do not appear in this episode)
- Jay Pritchett
- Gloria Pritchett
- Manny Delgado
- Claire Dunphy
- Phil Dunphy
- Alex Dunphy
- Luke Dunphy
- Mitchell Pritchett
- Cameron Tucker
- Lily Tucker-Pritchett
- Jon Polito as Earl Chambers
- Mekia Cox as Angie
- Charles Justo as Ra
- Juan Antonio as Kenny
- Aubree Young as Sydney
- Earl Chambers and Sydney's third appearances (Won't You Be Our Neighbor and The Closet Case & The Cold and Spring Break), respectively.
- The third episode in which Phil has to elaborate a lie after Sleeper and The Cold.
- Haley and Joe do not appear in this episode, though Gloria mentions them.
- Last appearance of Jon Polito, who played Earl Chambers in this episode and in the two episodes mentioned above before his death.
- Cam mentions a "Mr. Kleezak" as a teacher of his in elementary school. This Mr. Kleezak is possibly related to the Dunphy's late neighbour Walt Kleezak and his daughter.
- Manny gets bad reviews for his role as Captain Von Trapp in The Sound of Music.
- Phil calls his client "Angie O'Plasty", a reference to angioplasty.