During Jay's Thanksgiving toast, he honors the entire family on their recent successes, even though everyone knows that isn't quite true. As everyone desperately tries to hide the facts about their perceived triumphs, Phil works hard to master a classic magic trick and prove he's not the family failure.
(The characters striked out do not appear in this episode)
- Jay Pritchett
- Gloria Pritchett
- Manny Delgado
- Joe Pritchett
- Claire Dunphy
- Phil Dunphy
- Haley Dunphy
- Alex Dunphy
- Luke Dunphy
- Mitchell Pritchett
- Cameron Tucker
- Lily Tucker-Pritchett
- Teri Gamble as Principal
- Lesley Braun as Upper Valley Coach
- Joseph Callari as Congressman Morley
- Xavier Shelton as Football Player
- This will be the fifth Thanksgiving episode, after "Punkin Chunkin" (2011), "Three Turkeys" (2014), "Phil's Sexy, Sexy House" (2015) and "Thanksgiving Jamboree" (2016).
- The title refers to the phrase "Winner, winner, chicken dinner!", which is said to go back to Las Vegas slang -- the minimum bet was $2, and a chicken dinner was $1.79, so if you won a small bet you would have enough to buy a dinner.
- The A.V. Club